Frontier Camping Fellowship
Welcome to the Kings Pine Chapter of the Frontiersman Camping Fellowship
Northern New England District
There are 3 Levels of advancement in FCF:
Frontiersman - Buckskin - Wilderness
The Frontiersmen merit awards display a Green Grizzly Paw on the merit. The Buckskin merit awards display a Black Grizzly Paw on the merit, and the Wilderness merit awards display a White Grizzly Paw.
The Trail of the Grizzly is clearly explained on the National Site - http://royalrangers.ag.org/fcf/grizzly.cfm
The Frontiersmen Camping Fellowship (FCF), originally called Frontiersmen Camping Fraternity, was founded during the summer of 1966. The Fellowship began as a way to reward for the older boys and men who had distinguished themselves in advancement, training, and camping.
The first FCF chapter was organized in the Southern California District in 1966. Dressed in buckskin outfits, the boys and men gathered in the firelight and prepared to endure a night of testing that would stretch their camping and survival skills to the limit.
Many of the tests a Royal Ranger will face to become an FCF member will demand a courageous spirit and be a life-changing experience.
Participation in the FCF ministry will achieve five important things for the boys and men: a demonstration of courage and leadership, development of friendships and Woodsmanship, and a display of achievement.
FCF accomplishes the following purposes:
- To give recognition to boys and men who have shown exceptional interest and outstanding achievement in the Royal Rangers ministry and in Royal Rangers campcraft.
- To build a brotherhood of top-notch boys and men who will, over the years, continue to be Royal Rangers ministry and camping enthusiasts.
- To emphasize the importance of involvement in the advancement program, development of campcraft skills, and completion of the leadership training programs.
- To develop a corps of proven Royal Rangers who will strive to be the very best in Christian example and leadership.
- To encourage the boys and men of Royal Rangers to always prefer others above themselves and to let their leadership be by example.
- To show a spirit of servanthood, willing to give of time and energy above and beyond what is expected of Royal Rangers.
The FCF Symbol
The blazing campfire is the official symbol of FCF. It symbolizes the spirit of FCF, which is:
- Christian love (warmth)
- Personal witness (light)
- Dedicated service (usefulness)
The FCF Pledge
I share with you the warmth and glow of this campfire. These crimson flames are a symbol of our fellowship and adventures in camping.
I promise to share with you the warmth of Christian friendship and with others the light of my Christian testimony.
I promise to keep alive the spirit of FCF in my personal life and to observe at all times the principles of Royal Rangers."